Social Worker

Social Worker (Children's Social Care)
200000UA Requisition #

| Salary £28785 - £37849 Per annum | Permanent, Part Time, 18.5 hours per week |


Local Authority - Fostering and SCAYT+

Social Worker Support to Permanence Team Central Grade 8

The Local Authority Fostering Service manages the short and long term care arrangements for children in Lancashire. The service recruits, trains and assesses a diverse range of prospective foster carers, carefully matching and placing children with approved carers who can meet their individual needs.


The Service also provides ongoing training and support to carers to develop their skills and to successfully maintain placements.

The Fostering Service is made up of:


  • The Support to Permanence Team, which is made up of 5 locality support teams which support foster carers and provide adoption support.
  • The Placement with Family and Friends (PWFF) team, which undertakes viability and full assessments, Special Guardianship assessments and Regulation 24 assessments of connected carers. The team works very closely with Children's Social Care in order to deliver robust assessments enabling the best possible outcome to be achieved for children and young people).
  • The Supporting Carers and Young People Together team (SCAYT) provides support and information to carers of children looked after and those adopted by the local authority. They contribute to the formulation of assessments and provide treatment, alone and jointly, as agreed with other team members and those involved with care planning for the individual child. There is also an Agency Advisor who advises the Fostering panels.

Based at County Hall Preston however the team covers work countywide.

The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Further information can be found on the 'Our Recruitment Process' tab.


You will be required to provide a car for use in connection with the duties of this post and must be insured for business use. However, we may consider you if you cannot drive because of a disability.

You must be registered (HCPC) to be appointed as a Social Worker or have applied to register with the Social Care Council. For Social Worker/Care Manager positions where non social worker qualifications are accepted, registration is not required and you will be appointed as a Care Manager.


Job Description and Person Specification

My Profile

Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.

Go to Profile

My Submissions

Track your opportunities.

My Submissions

Similar Listings


📁 Social Worker (Children's Social Care)

Requisition #: 200000U9